Questions & Answers
- Q: If I connect the GUSTARD U12 between my Windows 7 system computer and my Yamaha receiver with on board DAC. I will use a USB input to the unit and output to the receiver using optical or coaxial cable. What else do I need to know?
- A: Hi David ,yes,you can do it.Thank you.
- David 7/31/17 12:10 PM Asked.
- Q: My Gustard U12 receives its USB input from an Auralic Aires Mini and is connected to a W4S DAC2 DSDse v.2 by a W4S IS2 Cable. Sample rates through 384hz are play properly through the W4S DAC. Unfortunately, DSD64 and DSD128 files do not-there is no sound. The LCD Gustard U12, reads DSD64 or DSD 128 files and the Lightening DS software indicates that the file is "playing" but there is no output from the W4S DAC. Please advise.
- A: Hi Ray,it isn't compatible.You can order a Gustard X20pro dac work with U12.Thank you.
- Ray 7/18/17 11:17 PM Asked.
- Q: Hello, When will a new converter will be available from Gustard, replacing the old U12?? I have a Gustard X20u Pro and it would be nice to have a newer converter based on Xmos xcore-200 that would output by I2S with the same pins as the Gustard pro inputs (we are stocked whith the first error from Gustard)and could support higher DSD upsampling...
- A: Hi Jocelyn,Gustard will product ess interface.Thank you.
- Jocelyn Drolet 6/6/17 1:49 PM Asked.
- Q: Hi there...(1) Do I need any drivers for a Mac Mini (mid 2012) and (2) Do I need a special HDMI cable for I2S?
- A: Hi Des,no need driver for a Mac Mini (mid 2012).standard HDMI cable can be used for IIS .Thank you.
- Des 5/30/17 4:24 AM Asked.
- Q: Does the USB require 5V continuously, or just at startup, or no 5V Vbus at all ? I like to bypass the AC. What is the current draw, and what is required input voltage ?
- A: Hi Andreas,U12 use 5V to turn on AC swicth relay.If the short circuit relay, U12 will always work. No longer need USB 5V.Thank you.
- Andreas 5/28/17 7:38 AM Asked.